Terms & Conditions at Zante Car
Driver must be 23yrs* old and have a valid Full Driving License held for at least one year. An International Driving License is required by Greek Law for all renters that are not citizens of the European Community or who do not have a European Drivers permit. An International Driving License must accompany driving License in characters that are not readable in English or Greek.
Additional drivers are subject to the same age and license requirements as the renter of the vehicle. Surcharge for each additional driver is 3€ per day.
Three days or contact our office at 0030 2695045511-0030 6979914888.
When collecting the vehicle:
- All drivers need to bring:
- A valid Full Driving License.
- Passport or ID
- The renter will be given a Rental Agreement which he has to check and sign. The Rental Agreement will show all services and insurances provided as well as any extra services/insurances that the renter might request with their relevant charges.
- It is very important that the renter checks and reports any means of damages on the vehicle in order to avoid any charges regarding damages caused by a previous renter.
In case the renter fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and time without any written or telephone conversation, Zante Car will cancel the reservation after 1 hour and reserves the right to not return the advance payment.
The vehicle is delivered to the renter in good overall condition and without apparent defects. Any complaints as to its condition must be made to Zante Car immediately on delivery. The renter agrees to return it with all accessories and in the same condition at the location, time and date designated in the agreement, otherwise renter will be responsible to compensate Zante Car in addition to the normal rental charge. Zante Car reserves the right to take back the vehicle at any time without demand at renters expense if the vehicle is used in violation of the Rental agreement.
Condition of Use
The renter is expected to look after the vehicle and generally, to behave in a prudent manner. Any repair of vehicle by renter or any other person without permission is not allowed. Vehicle must not be used: a) to carry persons or property for hire, b) to tow any vehicle, trailer or other object c) to participate or to follow Rallies d) when renter or any authorized drivers are under the influence of alcohol, medication, drugs, etc. e) in contravention of any customs, traffic or other regulations f) by any third person other than renter and any additional driver for purpose contrary to the Greek Law.
At the end of the agreed rental period, Zante Car allows a period of grace, 30 minutes, free of charge after which, the renter will be charged with a minimum of one full rental day.
An initial deposit will be secured at the time of booking confirmation. Cash and credit cards are accepted. In case of credit card payment, please request it from Zante Car in advance.
In case of cancellation of a reservation made through internet, during the period of 15 days before the rental starting date, Zante Car reserves the right to charge a fee of 20€ per reservation. (Cancellation fees will apply to reservations with pick up dates less than 15 days also.) Cancellations have to be e-mailed to email@example.com
All authorized drivers of Zante Car vehicles are covered with Full insurance (Collision Damage Waiver). All our rates include Full Insurance (Collision Damage Waiver) with excess amount (depending on the car category chosen) that covers repair cost in case of an accident. It is valid only under the condition that the Greek Traffic Law has not been violated. This type of insurance is not valid for damages to interior, windows, glass screens, rims, canvas roofs, wheel covers, mirrors, the antenna, car roof, tires, underside of the vehicle and other accessories.
Third Party Insurance (TPI)
All Zante Car authorized car drivers are not liable for any damages to the rental car caused by fire and insured against all liability in case of death, harm and material damage. Both coverages are subject to the terms of the contract between Zante Car and its insurance company.
Personal Belongings & Valuables
Zante Car is not liable for personal belongings / valuables that were stolen / lost from the the vehicle or damaged during an accident.
Fire and Terrorist Act Coverage
Prices include Fire and Terrorist Act coverage.
Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW)
All our cars can be rented with Super Collision Damage Waiver (except for convertibles) with no excess that covers repair cost including damages to interior, glass screens, rims, canvas roofs, wheel covers, mirrors, the antenna, car roof, tires, underside of the vehicle and other accessories. SCDW is optional and you can request it locally. It is valid only under the condition that the Greek Traffic Law has not been violated.
No insurance coverage is valid:
- If the driver of the vehicle is unauthorized by Zante Car and therefore not included as a driver in the rental agreement.
- When the driver causes an accident under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- When the car is not returned on date and time of return
- When the car is driven with a flat tire
- When the driver violates the Greek Traffic Law by driving fast and recklessly
- If the car has been driven on non asphalt paved roads, taking part in car races or other illegal activities.
- If the driver doesn't take all the necessary precaution measures for secure parking and locking of the car.
- If the car is illegally parked.
- Loss or damage of the key
- If the vehicle is damaged or stolen by renter's culpability or negligence, the renter will be liable, up to the total car's commercial value at the time of accident or theft.
- Damage caused intentionally or by negligence.
- Damage caused by incorrect fuel.
- Damage caused as a result of a breach of the rental agreement's terms and conditions.
- Damage caused while Zante Car rental car was on board ship.
Loss or damage of key
In case of loss or damage of car key during the rental period, the renter is liable for the following charges:
- 200€ for Mini and Economy category
- 250€ for Compact category
- 320€ for Executive, Convertible, Full size and Mini Van category
In case of an accident
In case of an accident or any other incident (fire, theft etc.) the renter is responsible to follow the insurance procedure as set below:
- Contact Zante Car immediately Telephone: 0030 2695045511, Mobile: 0030 6979914888
- Take photos of the accident
- Obtain names and addresses of eyewitnesses and the name and the addresses of the driver and the data of the vehicle, with which rental vehicle may have collided.
- Do not acknowledge third party claims
- Complete and sign an accident report
- Do not accept any responsibility or fault for the accident, until the police have found the guilty party.
- Call the police if necessary
Insurance will not apply unless a legal Zante Car representative appears.
Traffic violation Fines and Administrative Sanctions
All tickets and appended administrative sanctions resulting from any violation of the Greek Traffic Law by the rental car driver and during the rental period, is solely the renter's responsibility. If any such administrative sanction is not disclosed to Zante Car at the end of the rental period (contract), the violation will be charged to the renter.
Administration Fee for Fines
The renter is liable for the payment of all traffic fines that may occur during the car rental period. In case the renter does not pay the fine(s), Zante Car intervenes in the procedure and there will be an Administration Fee for the fine of 25€ additional to the cost of the fine.
Transport by Ferry
Allowed only with prior written agreement by Zante Car. Please note that any damage caused to the vehicle during transit will be not covered by any insurance.
Accident File Expenses
In case of an accident, according to the article K70 of the Greek Traffic Law, the renter is obliged to complete an incident report form and pay a non refundable fee of 50€ in order to cover administration expenses regardless whether the responsibility was his.
Fuel is always paid by the renter. The renter is obliged to return the vehicle with the same level of fuel, when the rental period began otherwise there will be a gasoline charge.
Unleaded fuel only to be used in our vehicles.
Zante Car does not give refunds for excess fuel.
Zante Car reserves the right to provide a different car model to that originally reserved of an equivalent or higher model type. Cars are reserved by car category and not by car model.
Available only on request and are charged at 4€ per day.
Available only on request and are charged at 3€ per day.
All rates and charges include VAT 23% and Local Taxes
- The renter and the company representative acknowledge that they do not acquire any other rights than the ones stated in the rental agreement.
- All additional authorized drivers are jointly and separately liable with renter under the rental agreement.
- The rental agreement replaces any other written or verbal agreement between Zante Car and renter.
- Any and all disputes which may appeal between Zante Car and renter will be settled before the competent courts of Greece.
If the renter wants to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, he has to contact Zante Car in order to extend his Rental Agreement upon availability.
Terms and Rates
They are subject to change without prior notice. Rates in force on commencement of rental will apply as approved by the Greek National Tourist Association.